BibDesk actually does store information on the date a bibtex reference was
first added.
If you right-click on the columns in the main window (or two-finger
tap/click, depending on your settings) and select "Add Other ..." you can
add the Columns Date-Added and Date-Modified. Clicking on them then sorts
your entries accordingly.

If you open your .bib file in a text editor you also see these fields for
every entry.