> On 15 Jan 2020, at 14:13, Christiaan Hofman <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 15 Jan 2020, at 12:45, Pavšič, Miha <miha.pav...@fkkt.uni-lj.si
>> <mailto:miha.pav...@fkkt.uni-lj.si>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Recently I've noticed that "Orphaned Files" feature is not working. I'm sure
>> that I have some PDF's in the folder that are not linked to any entry in the
>> bib file, however none are found. The "Orhpaned Files" window says (at the
>> bottom): "Unknown papers folder." I have files auto-stored in the same
>> folder that also contains the bib file. Accessing PDFs from BibDesk works
>> fine; also, renaming the file in Finder is reflected in BibDesk.  I have
>> BibDesk version 1.8.3, macOS 10.15.2.
>>
>> Is there some trivial problem that I'm facing?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Miha
>

> What papers folder have you set in your Autofile preference? Is this a fixed
> file, and does this exist? Or are you using a papers folder relative to the
> document? And have you more or less than one open document?
>
> Christiaan

I think I found a problem in the code. I assume you have your papers folder set
relative to the document? In that case it may not find the papers folder from
the orphaned files feature. I’ll have this fixed in the next nightly build,
unfortunately just too late for the release. You could also work around this by
setting a fixed papers folder in your Autofile preferences.

Christiaan