Actually, I've been using the NASA/ADS site for over a decade for importing
into Bibdesk. The interfaces of both have changed over that period, and the
current method I use does allow direct creation of bibtex records and
conversioon of them to Bibdesk records.

The process i use is as follows:

. Paste the NASA/ADS URL
https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu<https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/> into the Bibdesk
Webgroup URL window - this opens the website
. Search NASA/ADS for author, date etc to get a list of papers
. Select one of the papers, which opens the paper title, abstract and authors
. Click the "Export citation" link which displays the bibtex information (the
default format of many options)
. Click the button to copy the bibtex data to the clipboard
. Select the Library in the Bibdesk left column
. From the OSX menu bar, select Publication > New publication from clipboard
... this creates the Bibdesk record
. Drag the publication PDF which I have already downloaded into the right hand
Bibdesk window, and save the record.

It would be simpler if the NASA/ADS link were available as a direct link in
Bibdesk, instead of having to copy and paste the url into the webgroup URL
window.

DN

On 23 May 2023, at 12:28 am, Christiaan Hofman