> On 21 Jul 2023, at 18:24, Bullard, Jeff via Bibdesk-users
> <bibdesk-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just opened a bibliography file on my laptop that I synced from my iMac.
> Everything looks good except that it changed what it thinks all the PDF file
> names are, from ~/Documents/reprints/McCracken-2004.pdf to
> ~/Documents/preprints/[Title of document].  I checked the Bibdesk settings
> and the autofile format string is definitely set to %a1/%a1-%Y%u0, just like
> it is on my iMac.  Clearly this breaks all the links to the PDFs.
>
> Is there a way to do some kind of auto-renaming of all the PDF files back to
> the format I need?  I looked through the Settings but cannot find anything
> like that.  If I “Select all” the entries in my bibliography, it looks like I
> can invoke Publications->AutoFile File, but that seems like it is going to
> move all the PDFs to a different folder and I don’t see how to change the
> destination folder.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions you might have!
>
> Jeff

It is not clear to me what exactly is wrong, your description is a bit
confused. There was a problem with auto filing in the previous release, so make
sure you have the latest release. Is the problem that the PDF files or their
containing folders have a different name, and different from what you want? And
are the links still working? And what exactly is the problem with
Publications->AutoFile? The folder relative to which the files are filed is
determined by your AutoFile preferences.