I find one or more mirrors helpful to avoid being surprised from behind.

Of course, this does not encourage other bicyclists to announce they are
passing you.  However with mirrors, I suppose you could alter your course a
bit at just the right time ...  That would be paricularly interesting if the
about-to-pass-you fixie lacked any handbrakes.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM, mstuartev tds.net <[email protected]>wrote:

>  ...and I don't get any alert by the passing biker, I ring my bell twice
> and in a very calm voice say 'passing left.' It's funny, because they often
> stop pedaling and look around confused as if someone is passing them. It's
> my own educational program... or at least a reminder program. At times I
> think I should just give it up, but not doing it is just condoning unsafe
> cycling practice. (plus I believe that the paths are not places for bikers
> to ride over 12 mph or so)
>
> I commute everyday and I can count on maybe 3-4 hands the number of times
> over the past 4-5 months that a passing biker announced 'passing left.'
> Fixies are cool but they are the worst; ..
>


>  Mark E
>
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to