Grant, thank you for pushing on this! I agree that we need to, and I'm
going to write the Board of Public Works members today to say so.

By the way, for anyone who wants to email the Board of Public Works members
in support of a Mifflin Street Contraflow lane on the Square, please do
today. Here are the Board of Public Works members:

claudia.ha...@yahoo.com - Claudia Haack
btra...@sbcglobal.net - David Branson
pd...@fpm.wisc.edu - Harold Dahl
jaclyn.law...@charter.net - Jaclyn Lawton (chair, I think)
distric...@cityofmadison.com - Larry Palm
distri...@cityofmadison.com - Paul Skidmore

If we can get a north side contraflow lane, great.  If we can't, I think a
south side contraflow lane will be worth advocating for next - if it's
curbside, not adjacent to oncoming traffic. Yes that would require state
approval, but it would be worth advocating for. I got the sense that DOA's
opposition was more of a shrug than an adamant no. And we had no
understanding of SCERB's involvement until it was too late to make a case
to them.

Peter