will you join me to lobby for better bicycling at Lobby Day? It's so
important that we make our cycling voice heard where it matters most right
now: the State Capitol. Emails, calls, they just aren't always enough.* We
need your voice and your story in person* to help make a real difference
for everyone who rides a bike in Wisconsin.

*I want to invite you to join me at Lobby Day
<http://wisconsinbikefed.us8.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=e3b4465decc1fec883bf1b234&id=98c5d41ac7&e=c0f71113de>
this Thursday at the State Capitol in downtown Madison.* We’ll start with
registration at 10:30am at the Concourse Hotel just off the Capitol Square
in Madison. We’ll kick off at 11am with some background what we're asking
for from our legislators and tips on effective lobbying. If you've never
lobbied before, don't worry, we'll help you make the most of it.

Then we’ll have a roundtable discussion on the issues with *Sen. Fred
Risser (D-Madison)*, *Rep. Mike Rohrkaste (R-Neenah)*, and new Bike Fed
board member and recently retired *Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Secretary Mark Gottlieb.*

*After lunch we’ll head over to the Capitol to talk with our legislators.*
Afterwards, we’ll gather back at *The Coopers Tavern on the Square* to
recount our experiences and enjoy a beverage together.

Here's what we're asking for:

   1. *More money for local roads* – fix the potholes & pave the shoulders.
   In general, we want support for *more funding in the budget for local
   road repair, *where we all ride.
   2. Support for the *Vulnerable Users bill*. This bill will *stiffen the
   penalties* for moving violations that *kill or injure cyclists,
   pedestrians or other vulnerable road users. *
   3. Support for the *Vision Zero campaign* to* increase safety* and *reduce
   crashes for all road users.*

Andy, we can't do this without your support. *Can I count on you to help
move bicycling forward this Thursday at Lobby Day?
<http://wisconsinbikefed.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e3b4465decc1fec883bf1b234&id=135160692f&e=c0f71113de>
Click below to get details and sign up to lobby with us.*

Andy Bach,
afb...@gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell
608 261-5738 wk