I had similar problems with outlook, even went as far as tcpdumping the
communication.. Unfortunatly, I had to replace binc, as this bug was
annoying my client too much. - otherwise I would have been able to look
at the problem in more detail.

I suspect it's the multi-connection way that MS clients work. and not
all threads in binc being notified of the change of state.

Regards
Alan