New releases of BIND are available which contain bug fixes and feature
improvements.
You can download them from the ISC website:

   https://www.isc.org/downloads

Release notes can be found via these links:

Stable release branches:
  9.11.17:
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.11.17/RELEASE-NOTES-bind-9.11.17.html
  9.16.1:
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.16.1/RELEASE-NOTES-bind-9.16.1.html

Experimental development branch
  9.17.0:
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.17.0/RELEASE-NOTES-bind-9.17.0.html

Today's production-ready releases include 9.11.17, a maintenance release in the
9.11
Extended Support Version (ESV) branch and 9.16.1, the second release in the 9.16
stable branch (which incorporates, among other fixes, a correction for the TCP
quota
limit issue disclosed in our recent Operational Notification, which was
previously
provided only as a patch diff.)

Today also marks the debut of the new unstable development branch, 9.17.0.
Under the branch alternation policy adopted by ISC in 2019, primary feature
development takes place in unstable experimental development branches.
After these branches reach a sufficient level of stability, new feature
development
is capped, they are re-designated as stable branches, and a new development
branch
is begun.  Recently the 9.15 experimental branch was capped and re-designated as
the 9.16 stable branch, and we have now begun the 9.17 development branch to
continue the cycle.

For his assistance with the 9.16 branch, ISC would like to thank Robert Święcki,
developer of the honggfuzz fuzz-testing tool, who has been generously sharing
his expertise to help track down potential race conditions in BIND.

If you have an interest in BIND performance or the work we are doing to improve
it you might want to have a look at our recent blog post at:

   https://www.isc.org/blogs/bind-performance-march-2020/

And finally, a note for users of the 9.16 branch (which will be added to
documentation in the future but was inadvertently omitted in the first releases
of that branch):  One of the major features of the BIND 9.16 branch is a
reworked
networking stack designed around the use of libuv, a multi-platform library for
event-driven communications.  One side effect of this restructured networking
stack
is that beginning with 9.16.0, BIND must now use a different port number for
sending queries, notifies, and transfers than the port on which it listens.
Under default circumstances BIND will do the right thing but if you have
specifically
configured BIND to set the source port on queries, notifies, or zone transfers,
that port needs to be different than the main port on which BIND listens
(usually port 53.)