We have a few dynamic zones that are provisioned using Addhost. When addhost adds records to the zone every night it will run "nsupdate < update.file". The update.file will contain records like these:

prereq yxrrset machine.colorado.edu. in a
update delete  machine.colorado.edu. in a

prereq yxrrset machine.colorado.edu. in hinfo
update delete machine.colorado.edu. in HINFO

This all works fine but the jnl doesn't ever go away after nsupdate runs like this. The jnl will continue to be appended to every night when nsupdate is run again. If we use nsupdate without feeding it a file the jnl will disappear like it's supposed to. Is this a glitch in bind bind-9.5.0-P2?