> >   Let me clarify - for a zone in more than one of the views, that zone's
> > data doesn't vary by zone. The "internal" view has some zones not found
> > in the "customer" or "external" views.
>
> This sounds like a job for the allow-query option in the zone statements.

  I should have mentioned that I tried that, but got:
"option 'allow-query' is not allowed in 'forward' zone 'xxx.yyy.com'"

  In fact, that's what forced me into views in the first place.

> >   Also, the external view doesn't provide recursion, while the customer
> > and internal ones do.
>
> And this is a job for allow-query and allow-query-cache.

  What's the deal with "allow-query"? I did some lookups from a host on an
outside net (not in either the internal or customer views) and the server
answered queries for the zones it hosted regardless of whether it was set
to "allow-query { internal; customer; };" or "allow-query { any; };".

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        te...@tmk.com             New York, NY USA