Saša Stupar wrote:
Hi!

I use BIND as a local DNS server for 200 users. Now I am in situation
that I need to use a webhop since I need to change listening port on
apache to other than 80 ( I have another application which need to use
only port 80).
How do I configure webhop for my eg. local.domain to local.domain:10080?

Unless your users' browsers support SRV records (highly unlikely), you can't do this with DNS.

If you can't configure that "other" application to do virtual hosting, at least to the extent of performing an HTTP-level redirect to the Apache instance, then certain other types of intermediate devices, such as load-balancers, can also provide the service as an HTTP-level redirect. And then, of course, there is PAT (port address translation), implemented on a load-balancer, firewall, or similar device, which accomplishes this transparently.

It might be easier to config another interface on the box and have Apache listen on that one. This presumes, however, that the "other" app is also configurable to listen only on specific interfaces.

- Kevin