Hoping I can get a walk through in simple terms, but also a pointer to some docs where I can dive into the details. I think I am finding what I want in the docs, but those docs come up 404 since the isc site changed things a bit, from there, I generally can not locate the old doc file.

1) Is it possible to determine what ip range/space has been given to user of that IP space? For example, in a colocation environment, I am given say, a /24, and I want to look that up and see if it really is a /24. I have found the -x option which is making life a lot easier to find PTR records.

2) Given an IP that does not have a PTR, how do I determine if it has been "sub delegated" (?) to the user of that IP? I need to learn whether or not I need to contact the IP provider, and ask for a PTR record, or if I need to add one in myself.

Thank you.