On 13/06/09 11:08, Chris Hills wrote:
Hi

One can change the response to "version.bind. chaos txt" using the
configuration directive "version". Is there an equivalent configuration
directive for "hostname.bind. chaos txt"?

Also, is it possible to configure BIND to respond on version.server.
chaos txt and id.server. chaos txt in the same manner as version.bind.
and hostname.bind. (i.e. automatically without requiring a separate zone
file)?

Regards,

Chris Hills

To satisfy my curiosity I tried to specify the zones manually, using the following in named.conf:-

zone "bind" CHAOS {
  type master;
  file "master/bind.zone";
};

zone "server" CHAOS {
  type master;
  file "master/server.zone";
};

However, named-checkconf said:-

/etc/named.conf:160: zone 'bind': class 'CHAOS' does not match view/default class /etc/named.conf:165: zone 'server': class 'CHAOS' does not match view/default class

I could not find any reference to this message. As far as I can tell from the documentation, this should work! I am running 9.6.1 if that helps.

Regards,

Chris