Riccardo Castellani wrote:
I'm using 3 dns servers with Bind bind-9.2.2.P3-9

Master A (domain1 + domain2)
Slave B (domain1)
Slave C (domain2)

Now I'm migrating master A to Bind 9.5.1.dfsg.P3-1 together OS (Debian Lenny) so I'm interesting to know if there is some incompatible settings from/to slave servers. For example in slave B,C there is no setting about "auth-nxdomain directive" while in server A I found set "auth-nxdomain no";
According to the ARM, no change from 9.2.x to 9.5.x. The default is still "no", so "auth-nxdomain no" is technically redundant. Some folks like to make everything explicit, while others like to keep their configs as minimal as possible and therefore go with default settings wherever possible; it's a matter of personal preference.
I have to specify in server A these 2 options to permit only zones transfer to these only 2 servers ?

allow-transfer { IpServerB }
allow-transfer { IpServerC }
According to the ARM, no change from 9.2.x to 9.5.x. The default is still to allow all zone transfers. Note that if you use TSIG keys for authenticating zone transfers, you can re-address your slaves at will without having to keep your allow-transfer clauses up to date to match. Generally speaking, key-based security is stronger than source-address-based security anyway.

- Kevin