On Sep 21 2009, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

I have moved authoritative server to new IP address. I have changed the DNS
name pointing to it so the NS would point to the new IP.

Now I looked at the traffic and it seems that there are ~4 of 1000 recursive
requests sent to it.

And do you know that this was not the case before the move?

Are there any known resolvers that can iterate through NS hierarchy, or
iterative DNS servers that send resursive requests anywhere?

There are all sorts of reasons, from misconfigured resolvers to manual
use of "dig" (do you always remember to specify +norec when "appropriate"?).
Query logging will help you track them down if you are really concerned.
At 0.4%, I wouldn't worry.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: c...@cam.ac.uk