Chris Buxton kirjoitti:
On Dec 7, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Jukka Pakkanen wrote:
I have out Bind servers running as slaves to Windows 2008 DNS server, and it's
working fine as far as I can see (except that the slaves after a period of
times lose the data and never update it unless restart the Bind process, but
that's another matter) but browsing the web I noticed there should be 6 zones I
need to slave to have it correctly:

What zones are you slaving on your BIND server? There should be six:

DomainDNSZones.example.com
ForestDNSZones.example.com
_msdcs.example.com
_sites.example.com
_tcp.example.com
_udp.example.com

If you have these six zones slaved on your BIND server, and these zones are being
transferred successfully, then there should be no problems. "
What exactly does this mean?  I only have this:

zone "company.local" {
  type slave;
  file "company.local.cache";
  masters { 62.x.x.x; };
};

Should I instead have these six zones in the named.conf

That depends on whether they're declared as delegated subzones or included in
the company.local zone. By default, the AD wizard will create just
company.local and _msdcs.company.local as zones - the other subdomains are not
separated into their own individual zones.
Thanks. Those 6 zones are subdomains to company.local so I guess they are covered. What about the _msdcs.company.local, is that needed in slaves?