I've found over the years that many people find "forwarders { };" to be non- or even counter-intuitive.

"I want to forward, but I'm explicitly telling you not to use any other server for forwarding". Huh?

My 2 cents is that a different forwarding *mode* (e.g. "forward no", "forward none") would make more sense than "forwarders { };"

- Kevin