From: "Lear, Karen (Evolver)" <karen.l...@uspto.gov>
To: "bind-users@lists.isc.org" <bind-users@lists.isc.org>
Sent: Tue, March 30, 2010 4:57:58 PM
Subject: Using an MX record from a different domain

I'm adding a new domain to my existing authoritative name
servers, and need to add an MX record for a device residing on existing
domain.  When I run named-checkzone, I get a message about the MX record
being out of zone and not having an A record.  However, at the end of my
named-checkzone output, I get "OK."  Can I restart named as is
without causing problems or do I need to address these messages?

[kl...@dns1 conf]$ sudo named-checkzone -t /dns/chroot/conf
-D usptoenews.gov db.usptoenews
zone usptoenews.gov/IN: usptoenews.gov/MX
'smtpedge1.uspto.gov' (out of zone) has no addresses records (A or AAAA)
zone usptoenews.gov/IN: usptoenews.gov/MX
'smtpedge2.uspto.gov' (out of zone) has no addresses records (A or AAAA)
zone usptoenews.gov/IN: loaded serial 2010033000
usptoenews.gov.
7200 IN SOA       dns1.uspto.gov. nmb.uspto.gov.
2010033000 10800 3600 604800 86400
usptoenews.gov.
7200 IN NS        dns1.uspto.gov.
usptoenews.gov.
7200 IN NS        dns2.uspto.gov.
usptoenews.gov.
7200 IN MX        5 smtpedge1.uspto.gov.
usptoenews.gov.
7200 IN MX        5 smtpedge2.uspto.gov.
dns1.usptoenews.gov.
7200 IN A         151.207.240.50
dns2.usptoenews.gov.
7200 IN A         151.207.246.51