Hi Mark,

>allow-recursion defaults to "{ localnets; localhost; };".
>If the client was not on a directly connected network it
>will NOT get recursion by default.

So it would seem; I had made an assumption about subnetting that apparently was
not entirely accurate.  Oh well, you know what they say about assumptions...

>When a piece of software is complaining about something it
>is usually a pretty good bet that it is right and you are
>wrong.

Ah!  Humour.  Yes, aware of the concept, thanks.  :-)

Seriously, whilst I would have been suprised if I'd found a bug in a fairly
well used piece of code like Bind, it has been known to happen.

Thanks for your assistance in helping my understanding of what was happening.

James.

Usual apologies for the disclaimer:

 This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential
and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this email and attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the author
immediately and erase all copies of the email and attachments. The Ministry of
Social Development accepts no responsibility for changes made to this message
or attachments after transmission  from the Ministry.