Thanks for this and all the other input.

When you say "regular Web browser", it's safe to conclude that Firefox, IE and
Safari are all included in this category? If so, then yes, that is the target
audience.

I have an odd (and frustrating) situation where I manage the DNS for a Web
service that's housed outside of my institution who for some reason doesn't
want to configure virtual hosting. A workaround was (actually in place at this
moment) to point DNS to a Web server I manage and do the appropriate virtual
hosting config and redirect. However, the group that manages the content for
that Web server somehow doesn't want to it this way.

Oh well.

Hoover Chan                hc...@mail.ewind.com  -or-  hc...@well.com
Eastwind Associates
P.O. Box 16646             voice: 415-731-6019  -or-  415-565-8936
San Francisco, CA 94116