On 14/07/10 17:29, Kebba Foon wrote:
Hi List

i have been having issues with my dns server for a while now,
my server suddently stops answering to queries. i notice that this
happen when every my recursive clients is more that a thousand, as per
the result of rndc status. any help about this will highly be welcome

        I've only ever seen this behaviour as a result of
        underlying network connectivity problems.

        If you can find out some of the following information,
        you may be able to see better what's happening:

    -   what the typical count of recursive clients is on
        your server;
    -   what limit on recursive clients is in effect (by default
        or explicitly configured) on your server;
    -   whether changing this limit simply "moves the problem"
        to appear to occur at the new limit (which would be
        a fairly dependable indication that the underlying
        cause is external to named);
    -   how frequently your server behaves in this way;
    -   how long this behaviour lasts on each occasion;
    -   what else is happening when you see this behaviour,
    -   as shown by log files, customer complaints,
        or other sources of information.

        I hope this helps.

        Niall O'Reilly