On 18/08/10 13:30, Phil Mayers wrote:
On 18/08/10 13:15, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
It comes right up in Firefox but prompts for a username and password.

Do you have DNSSEC validation enabled? Because as per my email, it's a
DNSSEC problem.

Damn - in fact sorry, scratch that. I realise my original email said nothing of the sort! I blame the stress of moving house ;o)

After a bit of investigation, it seems that the problem is a missing
NSEC/NSEC3 record in the empty reply for:

$ dig +dnssec @165.112.4.230 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov ds

...since the "ncbi" zone is an unsigned child zone, there needs to be an
NSEC/NSEC3 record to prove the absence of the DS record, and have a
secure delegation to an unsigned child zone.