Hi All: I’m building a new Bind 9.7.1-P2 slave server and am taking an opportunity to review my conf files.

I have a number of zones on the primary that all point to the same zone configuration file. On my slave server, is there any way to configure named.conf so that multiple zones are all “aliased” to the same zone config?

Previously, I was using a basic slave config statement for each zone:

zone "domain.com" { type slave; file "domain.com.zone"; masters { 192.168.0.1; }; };

but, it seems like a lot of unnecessary files are being created?

I thought about using the same file name for all the slave zones statements in named.conf, but wouldn't that force the file to be overwritten multiple times for no reason?

TIA