--On 5. oktober 2010 13.12.37 -0400 Jay Moore <jmo...@betaclub.org> wrote:
I am running BIND 9.4.3-P1 on slackware  12.2.  The server is only for
internal use.  I have accidentally removed one of my zone files, and I
have no backup!  Is there a way to restore this zone file from the cache?
I looked at rndc and named options, but don't see anything that will
help?

"rndc dumpdb -zones" might work for you? I have no idea where that file will end up on your setup though.

Another option: If the zone transfer isn't available as an option, and you don't have a slave DNS to copy it from either.. I haven't tried this, so I can't guarantee it will work, but it might work changing the named.conf to allow zone transfers, then do a "rndc reconfig"? No guarantees that it will work as expected though :D

Regards
Eivind Olsen