On 01/02/11 16:33, hugo hugoo wrote:
Dear all,

I plan to upgrade my nameservers from bind8 to bind9.
I guess I will encounter some compatibility problems notably in the
layout of the zone files

- can anybody give me the point of attention for this upgrade? Your
experience will be appreciated.

- is it possible to install bind9 without removing bind8 in order to
could easily and quickly swith from bind8 to bind9 and vice versa?

We used to compile different versions of bind9 to different locations using ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bind-$VER then use symlinks to switch between versions - that's probably your best approach.

(We don't bother these days, and build OS packages and use cfengine to manage configs and versions)