Hello,

When I delegate a subdomain in a zone example.com, the config in
named.conf is like:

test.example.com.  3600  IN NS  ns1.another.com.
test.example.com.  3600  IN NS  ns2.another.com.

Then I dig to the auth-server of the example zone:

dig test.example.com ns @ns1.example.com

I found some servers return the ANSWER SECTION, but some servers
return the AUTHORITY SECTION.

For example:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
test.example.com.       3600    IN      NS      ns2.another.com.
test.example.com.       3600    IN      NS      ns1.another.com.

And:

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
test.example.com.       3600    IN      NS      ns2.another.com.
test.example.com.       3600    IN      NS      ns1.another.com.

I'm confused, shall name server answer with ANSWER or AUTHORITY for this case?

Thanks in advance.