> Did I miss a notice? What issue(s) does this address?
> I can't find a way to see what this addresses without
> downloading the tarball..

Whoops.

The CHANGES file is at ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.4-ESV-R5b1/CHANGES,
(and similarly for the other versions), so you don't have to download
the whole tarball.  In this case, changes since prior release ware:

        --- 9.4-ESV-R5b1 released ---

3095.   [bug]           Handle isolated reserved ports in the port range.
                        [RT #23957]

3088.   [bug]           Remove bin/tests/system/logfileconfig/ns1/named.conf
                        and add setup.sh in order to resolve changing
                        named.conf issue.  [RT #23687]

3071.   [bug]           has_nsec could be used unintialised in
                        update.c:next_active. [RT #20256]

3067.   [bug]           ixfr-from-differences {master|slave}; failed to
                        select the master/slave zones.  [RT #23580]

3065.   [bug]           RRSIG could have time stamps too far in the future.
                        [RT #23356]

3064.   [bug]           powerpc: add sync instructions to the end of atomic
                        operations. [RT #23469]

3058.   [bug]           Cause named to terminate at startup or rndc reconfig/
                        reload to fail, if a log file specified in the conf
                        file isn't a plain file. [RT #22771]

3051.   [bug]           NS records obsure DNAME records at the bottom of the
                        zone if both are present. [RT #23035]

3041.   [bug]           dnssec-signzone failed to generate new signatures on
                        ttl changes. [RT #23330]

3040.   [bug]           Named failed to validate insecure zones where a node
                        with a CNAME existed between the trust anchor and the
                        top of the zone. [RT #23338]

3037.   [doc]           Update COPYRIGHT to contain all the individual
                        copyright notices that cover various parts.

3014.   [bug]           Fix the zonechecks system test to match expected
                        behaviour for 9.4 and to fail on error. [RT #22905]

3009.   [bug]           clients-per-query code didn't work as expected with
                        particular query patterns. [RT #22972]

3007.   [bug]           Named failed to preserve the case of domain names in
                        rdata which is not compressible when writing master
                        files.  [RT #22863]

2996.   [security]      Temporarily disable SO_ACCEPTFILTER support.
                        [RT #22589]

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.