On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 02:28:42PM -0400, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing odd results with news.google.com?  My BIND
> 9 master and slave are getting different results.  If I go out
> to other sites such as Kloth.net or iptools.com they also get
> different results from each other and different from what my
> master and slave are reporting.

A nitpick here: the terms "master" and "slave" only apply in regards
to authoritative name service. When you are doing recursion, this
distinction is irrelevant.

And no, this is not odd at all. This is typical for many or most busy
domains: they do a rudimentary form of load balancing through DNS
results. Nothing interesting here.