On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 07:57:10PM +1100,
 Leon Moya <l...@mymail-box.com> wrote
 a message of 40 lines which said:

> I'd now like (with help) to add resolution for an internal Apache
> WebServer, used for developing and testing web pages prior to
> FTP'ing to the Internet Host. The webserver is configured for a half
> dozen varying domain names

No experience with MS-Windows, but, in BIND, you first declare
yourself authoritative for the zones of these names. Let's assume
www.example.com is such a name.

In named.conf:

zone "example.com" {
        type master;
        file "example.com"; // Choose the name at will
};

Test it with named-checkconf

Then, in the zone file (named after the zone, in my setup, but you're
free to have a different convention), assuming the name server is
ns1.example.net:

; Low value, since it is used only for testing
$TTL 30

; Meta-data for the zone
@       IN      SOA     ns1.example.net. root.example.net. (
                2011100101              ; Serial. Useless since we do not have
secondaries
                         900         ; Refresh. Very low values, since it is
testing
                          30         ; Retry
                          100         ; Expire
                          30 )       ; Negative Cache TTL