On 9/30/2011 6:21 PM, Shawn Bakhtiar wrote:
"We came to the conclusion that no matter how much we wanted it to not be true, people find a way to do NXDOMAIN if they want to. The issue is not ours to push, it's between the ISP and the customer ultimately, and people will do it -- and more intrusively -- than BIND 9.9 will."

That is just giving in. To what WILL end up being akin (is akin) to taking away access. The argument that everyone is doing it so let's just facilitate it is a bad one. This is a cave in to bad behavior which borders on freedom of speech violation, since your sanctioning the ability to arbitrarily redirecting (without redirecting) content. Important part being the sanctioning of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_hijacking