I'm rolling out DDNS in conjunction with 802.1x/Mac authentication. When we
role out network authentication in a building, I use IP address pools for the
auth and unauth networks.
Auth network also uses DDNS to fwd/reverse register the host in an appropriate
domain e.g. dhcp-a.b.c.d-<building-name>-dot1x.hull.ac.uk.

MAC auth for devices such as printers use DDNS to put device in
printers.hull.ac.uk.

Non network auth buildings  use our old SQL database system with dns and dhcp
config file builds /reloads etc

Rgds
Alex