On 11/05/11 03:21, kalpesh varyani wrote:
How does this feature address the risk that data provided by one master
might get overwritten by another?
Regards,
Kalpesh

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Anand Buddhdev <ana...@ripe.net
<mailto:ana...@ripe.net>> wrote:

    On 03/11/2011 23:14, hugo hugoo wrote:

    Hi Hugo,

     > I have seen that for a slave zone, it is possible to configure
    several master IP's.
     > Why this possibility?
     > How does it works if several master zone can be used for the zone
    transfer?

    This allows for resiliency. In case one of the master servers is
    unreachable, BIND can try the next master in the list.

    Anand Buddhdev
    RIPE NCC

When you have more than one master, the serial number is used to determine which Master has the most current version of the zone by the slaves. The slaves actually ask for the SOA record from each Master when refreshing.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.