Hi

My company moved to a 2008R2 Domain Controller environment. Now I see the
following message in the windows log:

Title: This domain controller must register its correct IP addresses with the
DNS server
Severity: Error
Category: Configuration
Issue: The Domain Name System (DNS) host resource records for this domain
controller's fully qualified domain name currently map to the IP addresses that
do not belong to this domain controller. The invalid IP addresses are 10.1.1.1;
10.2.2.2.
Impact: Other member computers and domain controllers in the domain or forest
might not be able to locate this domain controller. This domain controller will
not be able to provide a full suite of services.
Resolution: Ensure that the DNS Client service on this domain controller is
configured and able to register valid host resource records with an
authoritative DNS server for the domain.
More information about this best practice and detailed resolution procedures:

All Domain Controllers have zone updates rights on the master dns server, and
according to the logfile updating zones works.
My DNS-Servers are running BIND 9.7.3-P3.

So this is presumably not a problem of the bind servers themselves, but still,
does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the error messages?
Anyone know the checkbox to unset? I didn't find one...

With regards
Christian Melbinger

---
Ing. Christian Melbinger
Netzwerk & Security

WienIT EDV Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH & Co KG
A-1030 Wien, Thomas-Klestil-Platz 6
tel: +43 (1) 90405 47188
fax: +43 (1) 90405 88 47188
mailto:christian.melbin...@wienit.at

WienIT EDV Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH & Co KG, A-1030 Wien,
Thomas-Klestil-Platz 6,
FN 255974h, Handelsgericht Wien, DVR: 2109667, UID-Nr. ATU61260824
Persönlich haftender Gesellschafter:
WienIT EDV Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH, A-1030 Wien, Thomas-Klestil-Platz 6,
FN 255649f, Handelsgericht Wien, UID-Nr. ATU61296118