On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Axel Rau wrote:

Am 18.01.2012 um 23:54 schrieb Evan Hunt:

I tried the example from page 23 with a local zone, a trusted key and
inline-signing, like:
[...]
But I'm getting no ad-flag:

That's normal; authoritative servers don't set the AD bit, validating
resolvers do.  (There's not much point in having an authoritative server
validate its own answers.)
Can dig tell me, if the sigs are valid, if I provide my trusted key?
Or do I need a 2nd (validating) ns?

Axel

One needs to ask a non-authoritative validating server. For checking our publicly available DNSSEC signed site, I use the available recursing validating oarc server.

dig +dnssec @bind.odvr.dns-oarc.net maplepark.com

and get the flags returned in a crontab script that checks it daily for the ad flag.

Dave
--
David Forrest                   e-mail   drf @ maplepark.com
Maple Park Development Corporation  http://xen.maplepark.com