In message <pine.lnx.4.64.1201311256380.12...@alcor.concordia.ca>, TAN BUI writ
es:
> On No.v 22, 2011 Niall O'Reilly wrote:
>
> "Since quite a few years, I habitually run 'make test' after building BIND
> from sources.  I'me seiing a failure with 9.8.1-P1, and wonder whether
> anyone else is also."
>
> I got exactly the same error messages when testing "xfer" as well.
>
> We are running Linux Slamd64 12.0.0 . Our current bind is 9.6.1-P1. I
> tried upgrading to bind-9.6.1-ESV-R5-P1 . Compilation, i.e. make, went
> well but 'make test' failed because that single "FAIL" in xfer .
> The same story with bind-9.8.1-P1: compilation OK but 'make test' failed.
> We are stuck since we cannot go ahead with installing any new version
> when the test fails.
>
> Appreciate very much all your help.
>
> Tan

You havn't show the test output for the xfer tests but a lot of the
test are particularly timing sensitive.  When we find one like that
we fix the test.  The xfer system test does have some timing
sensitivity.  You can re-run the individual system test like this:

        cd bin/tests/system; sh run.sh xfer

If you want us to have a look this in more detail open a ticket by
emailing bind9-b...@isc.org with the output of the system test,
then tar up bin/tests/system/ixfr and upload it via:

         https://pandora.isc.org/

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC