A thought regarding the pros and cons of DNSSEC that I don't recall
being mentioned.

Was reverse-dns verification introduced in response to a lack of
confidence in forward-dns ? This can cause much frustration, especially
in smaller environments. If the implementation of DNSSEC allowed us to
avoid using reverse-dns then perhaps that could be beneficial to many.

nudge