Rick Coloccia<coloc...@geneseo.edu>  wrote:

add this line to /etc/named.conf

include "locallyblockeddomains.zones";

contents of locallyblockeddomains.zones:

// This bind zone is intended to be included in a running dns server f
a local net
//
// It will return a 127.0.0.1 for the domains listed as malware
//
//  This is for locally determined domains we want blocked
//
//
zone "r.im"  {type master; file "/etc/namedb/blockeddomain.hosts";};
<snipped many more out>
zone "emailupgrader.clan.su" {type master;file
"/etc/named/blockeddomain.hosts";};

this is the /etc/namedb/blockeddomain.hosts file:

$TTL    86400   ; one day

@       IN      SOA     ns1.geneseo.edu coloccia.geneseo.edu (
                        2007112601      ; serial
                        28800           ; refresh  8 hours
                        7200            ; retry    2 hours
                        864000          ; expire  10 days
                        86400 )         ; min ttl  1 day

                IN      NS      ns1.geneseo.edu.
                A       127.0.0.1
*               IN      A       127.0.0.1
*               IN      AAAA    ::1
; This zone will kill all traffic to a listed domain

Done.

Add domains you want blocked to the locallyblockeddomains.zones file.

In my previous job, the cyber-security created a list of domains
from various sources.  They tested the file on a test BIND server
before loading the file into the AFS shared file system.  I had a cron
on my DNS servers that ran every 10 minutes that checked for a new file,
and if it saw one, it copied the file to the local disk and ran "rndc"
to reload the new config file.
--Barry Finkel