On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Niall O'Reilly <niall.orei...@ucd.ie> wrote:

> On 4 Dec 2012, at 11:23, manman wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to update the second view when the firstl view is updated
>> without having to assign 2 IPs like now ?
>
>         You could use a pair of TSIG secrets instead of a pair of IP
> addresses.
>
>         There has been discussion about this on the list before, which you can
>         find in the archives.  The following links may help.
>
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2009-August/077479.html
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2012-June/087872.html
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2012-June/087933.html
>
>         The example in the last one is extracted from a live configuration
>         which I'm responsible for.

If the ONLY reason for having two views is to allow recursion for
local system, I think it would be much simpler and more easily
maintained to use an ACL with the 'allow-recursion' option. Views
provide a lot of benefits for more complex cases, but to just control
recursion strikes my as over-kill.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6...@gmail.com