于 2012-12-14 17:14, Manish Rane 写道:
I understand that Mail Delivery load balance can be achieved by usingMX
priorities. My concern is not that, rather I am more worries about users
who will be using A record to configure their mail clients like IMAP or
POP. I am thinking on load balancing their since I want users to access
the both the ISPs to connect. I can have A/CNAME? record configured in
my zone with *lower TTL value say 180* so that if any of the link goes
down I can edit the zone and have the faulty entry removed which
eventually would cost me less downtime. That way I dont need to do any
configuration at client end since the A/CNAME record is gonna be the same.

That is why I was wondering if A or CNAME can be configured for two
different IP addresses which also holds MX Records and thus configure
the load balancing by that way?

There are two ways of setup that.
the first, for example, imap.example.com has two A records,

imap.example.com. 900  IN  A  11.22.33.44
imap.example.com. 900  IN  A  55.66.77.88

If one server go down, half of the users have the chance to use the another one.

the second, imap.example.com has only one A record,

imap.example.com 900 IN A  11.22.33.44

when this server go down, you change the record value to another IP by hand. that's no problem for the clients ,but you must do it by hand. Or write a script to do this automatically for you.

Regards.