On 2/19/2013 16:30, Vernon Schryver wrote:
My experience wrestling the domains of relatives from GoDaddy was
not as bad as some of the stories, but it took more time, effort,
and sophistication than some people would care or be able to muster.

They still use deceptive tricks to keep domains hostage. For example, when you change contact information they display a "Click here if you agree with our domain locking policy", which is actually optional, but if you enable it, the new owner of the domain is blocked from transferring it to any other provider for many weeks.

Such a joy when you're buying domains on behalf of a customer and can't actually finish the job for 2-3 months because the seller automatically clicked the "Yes, I agree" option.

GoDaddy also likes to "up sell" many "protection" and other services
whose value I don't understand.

GoDaddy wants your money. What more do you need to understand?

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/