On 02/25/2013 02:00 PM, Casey Deccio wrote:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com <mailto:r...@htt-consult.com>> wrote:

    Yes, I know lots of places don't have DNSSEC signed zones.
     **I** have not done mine yet, but I turned on DNSSEC checking
    on my server and I am getting all too many messages like:

          validating @0xb4247b50: 117.in-addr.arpa NSEC: no valid
    signature found: 1 Time(s)
          validating @0xb4247b50: 117.in-addr.arpa SOA: no valid
    signature found: 1 Time(s)

Yes, but 117.in-addr.arpa *is* signed [1], so if you're not getting signatures, that's problematic.

So that is not good. This is over port 53, right? I have that open for udp and tcp. My general options section has:

    dnssec-enable yes;
    dnssec-validation yes;

digging back in the archive here, I find out this should be

    dnssec-validation auto;

And now I don't have all those false no valid sig messages and I can look for the NEXT problem.

    dnssec-lookaside auto;

    /* Path to ISC DLV key */
    bindkeys-file "/etc/named.iscdlv.key";

    managed-keys-directory "/var/named/dynamic";