On 02/26/2013 11:43 AM, Sten Carlsen wrote:

On 26/02/13 15:50, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

I would expect that a namecaching server on the mailserver would reduce traffic and resources all the way around.

I don't need my mailserver to constantly be asking my name server about, say, zen.spamhaus.org.
This is one reason my mailserver has a DNS server. No forward, that only slows down things. The question here is whether there is a good reason that this instance must not go directly to the roots?

To support systems only visable to your internal view?