Dear all,

I received the following question and I am not able to aswer as spf records are
still mysterious to me.
We are using BIND 9.7.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Hugo,

Does our DNS-server support SPF-type records? Or do we put SPF-info in a
TXT-record?

Ref. :
Early implementations used TXT records for implementation before the new record
type was commonly available in DNS software. Use of TXT records for SPF was
intended as a transitional mechanism. However, according to the current RFC,
RFC 4408, section 3.1.1, "An SPF-compliant domain name SHOULD have SPF records
of both RR types. A compliant domain name MUST have a record of at least one
type," and as such, TXT record use is not deprecated.[2]