On Apr 23, 2013, at 2:01 PM, Manson, John wrote:

> We have a second master at a different location and I was wondering if there
> is any way to have the first master send db file updates to it using file
> transfers like it does to the slaves.
> We currently do db file transfers between masters with sftp and would like to
> stop using OS processes and have it done within named, if possible.
> The second master is exactly like the first master including front-side IP,
> dns traffic router-separated from the first master, and the script we use for
> DB maintenance in a fail-over scenario.
> Both masters file transfer IPs are different and are listed in all slaves so
> they get notifies from both.
> I’m guessing it has to do with being master for a zone and not acting on
> notifies it may receive.

Make it a slave, using text format instead of raw format. Then in the event of
a disaster, change all the zone statements from slave to master. That way, you
won't be dependent on OS processes for transferring and synchronizing the data
between the two masters.

Your other choice is to use rsync to synchronize files between the two masters,
perhaps as a cron job.

Chris Buxton