Thoughts about how to best distribute NS servers hosting authoritative data for our zones? We currently host only about 300 zones so all zones live on all 3 servers but we're looking at replacing 1-2 of our NS servers due to reliability of the current servers.

My thinking is to just pick three sites in Canada/US with good connectivity and host there, but I'm getting some pressure to pick a location in EU as well.

With the vast majority of our customers being in North America (probably 75% of users are in Canada), would it make sense to add a Europe based NS or would this tend to return slower results on average since a potential user would have a 1/3 chance of hitting a NS with a higher latency?

I realize that the difference isn't very significant in the grand scheme of things, but it's always nice to shave a few ms off of initial page load times.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/