On Jun 14, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzme...@nic.fr> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 02:27:50PM +0000,
> Manson, John <john.man...@mail.house.gov> wrote
> a message of 138 lines which said:
>
>> We are running Bind 9.9.2 and would like to invoke the rate-limit
>> option but named says 'unknown option'.
>
> RRL (Response Rate Limiting) is an unofficial patch. You'll have to
> patch the source first.

Yup, this is easy.

Or, I believe, you can pay for a BIND^w DNS-Co subscription and download a
version with the magic built in…
Or you can wait until some time in the future when it gets integrated into the
base BIND.

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

    -- Susan, the ultimate sensible governess (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)