On 10.09.13 08:15, Nicholas F Miller wrote:
I am at a loss. When doing digs using our name servers for 'ANY' records of
a domain we are getting TTLs of five seconds.  The TTLs will be correct if
we query for the records individually just not when using 'ANY'.  Ideas?

BIND simply provides you the remaining TTL. If you do it again, you will see
TTL has either decreased in the time difference, or the records were fetched
again.

the discussion a few days ago has revealed that BIND does not recursively
fetch records when you send ANY query.
"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."