On 10.09.14 18:13, Kevin Darcy wrote:
No, what I'm saying is that if

example.com owns an A record 203.0.113.48, and
www.example.com owns an A record 203.0.113.48, then

where does 48.113.0.203.in-addr.arpa point?

Completely your decision.
Some people will point it at example.com, some will point it at www.example.com. What you get is a mish-mosh. No consistency.

Do not mix multiple A and PTR. they are just different things.
You are creating issues where there are none.