I just found out that I had old garbage in my rgistrar setup for my domain. To wit, an NS server that has not been an NS server for years. And now that I use that host name for another usage on another address, it was giving lots of problems. My bad, I should have caught this when I moved Registrars almost 2 years ago.

but...

glue records.

I have 3 secondaries run by other domains. This was to give me some geo-diversity. How do I create glue records for them? My registrar only lets me create glue records within my domain (the web form pre-provides the domain part of the fqdn). I can understand that in not allowing people to populate fqdns on wrong addresses causing interesting problems (as I just figured out I have had).